We would like to re-assure all our customers that we take the latest Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic very seriously. We work with the elderly and vulnerable (those declared most at risk) on a day to day basis; face to face, visiting customers in their own homes and most importantly in sheltered housing, nursing and care homes.
Rise Furniture and Mobility is taking all the necessary measures to prevent those groups most susceptible from contracting Coronavirus until such time, that it is no longer a threat.
Besides following the latest NHS and Government guidelines, we have hand sanitisers in our showroom and delivery vehicle. We are washing our hands especially after handling cash payments; wiping down any surfaces with anti-bacterial spray, that may come into contact with ourselves and customers after use including; telephones, card payment readers, demonstration products, door handles.
We would like to encourage our customers to; pay instore using contactless payment rather than cash where possible. Alternatively, shop online or use our excellent mail order service, to avoid any unnecessary contact.
Our staff have been instructed to avoid unnecessary contact with everyone they come into contact with. This includes:
- To avoid unnecessary meetings with suppliers and representatives
- Refraining from shaking hands and all forms of direct contact where necessary
- To wash their hands upon entering and before leaving the showroom; after any contact, at least every hour
- Avoid using couriers pens or digital pens to sign for deliveries
To minimise the risk of exposure or spreading of germs and bacteria, before booking home visits we ask potential customers and customers if anyone we are visiting feels unwell; or has been in contact with anyone that feels un-well or has recently returned from higher risk countries/regions.
5 Ways you can protect yourself from Coronavirus (Covid-19)
1. Wash your hands frequently, catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue and dispose of immediately
- Coughing or sneezing are methods the virus can be passed on, through the droplets in a cough or sneeze.
- Catch your cough or sneeze in a tissue, throw it in the bin, then wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or in from work and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
2. Be prepared to self-isolate
- This will mean staying at home and staying indoors, avoiding any contact with others.
Latest Government advice as of 12 March 2020.
- If you are suffering from a temperature or persistent cough you should self-isolate for 7 days.
3. Plan ahead
- Avoid unnecessary travel, meetings of large groups and reduce your social activity.
- Call family members, friends and neighbours whom might be able to deliver groceries and essentials to you in the event you may have to self-isolate.
4. Use health services wisely
There is no specific treatment for coronavirus at the moment. Antibiotics will not help, because they do not work against viruses.The NHS is likely to be busier than usual, so if you show symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19):
- Don’t call 999 unless an emergency.
- Don’t visit your GP surgery, Pharmacist or hospital.
5. Keep up to date with the latest news
This information is to reassure our customers that we are committed to their health and welfare. Any information in this article is a guide and correct at the time of publishing.
We strongly recommend checking the following links for the latest information
You can access the latest information by clicking here
Government information can be found by clicking here
NHS information can be found by clicking here
Thank you for your understanding.
Please support your independent retailer during these difficult times and don’t forget that most of our products can be purchased online through our e-commerce website www.risemobility.co.uk